October 22, 2017

Knit City 2017 Vancouver

I finally found time to look at my photos from my visit to Vancouver and Knit City a few weeks ago.  Sorry for the delay!  I had an incredible time and I highly recommend going next year if you have the chance.  If you asked me to describe Knit City with just one word I would choose fun.  Everything about this well run event was terrific. The booths in the venue were roomy and never felt overcrowded. The attendees of the yarn show were enthusiastic and everyone seemed to be having a great time.  The designers and dyers were very friendly, and the quality of Canadian talent was evident.  I heard Stephen West speak and he was so funny, and at the same time inspiring.  Although I did not take a class, there were a variety of talented instructors and classes scheduled, which were well received.

Here are just a few photos of the event to give you an idea of what was available.  I will let the photos speak for themselves.  I have included links to each of these companies.

Yarn Ink


Sweet Fiber Yarns







Ancient Arts Yarn





Gauge Dyeworks
Colourway:  All Together Now




Fibre Art Studio

Designers
Jane Richmond and Shannon Cook
West Coast Cardigan by Jane Richmond

Beacon Hill Cardigan by Jane Richmond
Shannon Cook's shawls on display

Tin Can Knits
Clayoquot cardigan
Triptych mittens and Prism Hat

Sylvia McFadden
Gentle Armour by Sylvia McFadden

Shawls by Sylvia McFadden


Lanterns knit in fingering
see my version of Lanterns knit in Sweet Fiber DK cashmere

Of course I did not go away empty handed!  I have been posting some of my purchases on my Instagram feed.  If you want to have a look check it out here.  Stephen West said in his talk on the Friday night that instead of the word "stash" he prefers to think of it as, "We are curators of collections." That works for me.  And after that weekend my collection is growing.   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment