January 15, 2017

F.O. Louise


I am delighted to show you my first finished object for 2017.  

Louise Top Down






Pattern:  Louise Top Down (my Ravelry page) from Madder Anthology 2:  Simple Pleasures
Designer:  Carrie Bostick Hoge
Yarn: Berroco Peruvia (aran weight)
100% Wool 
Colourway: 7104 Taupe (5 skeins)
&
Yarn:  Quince & Co. Osprey (aran weight)
Colourway: Shell (1.5 skeins)




Needles:  5.5mm and 6mm 
Buttons:  M & J TrimmingNYC


Modifications:  None

This knit made me so happy for several reasons.  First, it only took me ten days to knit.  The beauty of an aran weight cardigan is it is done before you know it. As it was knit top down it was an easy pattern to follow and I was able to keep trying it on as I knit.


Secondly, the Berroco yarn was deep in my stash and there is something satisfying about finally using it.  Berroco Peruvia, being a twisted roving yarn, split easily while I was knitting, but the knitted fabric is very lofty and warm.



Another thing I love about this cardigan is the Quince & Co. Osprey Yarn I used for the ribbing and button band.  I love it.  It is just so squishy and the stitch definition is perfection.   I definitely see more of this yarn in my future. 

I am so happy that I will get to wear it this winter.  This sweater is light weight yet very warm, perfect for those sub zero days that we can have here in Canada.

If you haven't knit a heavier weight sweater in some time, and you live in a climate where you can wear one, I highly recommend this pattern.  The pattern is also written as bottom up if you prefer that method. (see Louise)

Now back to my fingering weight projects!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! This pattern has been in my queue too long. My husband bought me yarn for it--Quince & Co in the same three colors as the sample. Now that I've seen how beautiful your cardigan is, I have no excuses to knit mine...right? :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to get making it Monica. You will not believe how fast it knits up. Just know that there is a top down and a separate bottom up version of the pattern. You are so fortunate to have that Quince and Co. yarn...it will be amazing.

      Delete
  2. Your colors are so classic, I love so many projects out of that book. I need to look at what I'm going to make out of it this year! -Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sierra! There are other projects in my queue from that book as well. The patterns are so well written. I am looking forward to seeing what you make.

      Delete
  3. I love this color combination! I've noticed that all of the colors in the Quince & Co palette go together so beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I ordered the Quince yarn online which is always a gamble but luckily it was the exact colour I was hoping for.

      Delete
  4. WHAT?!?!?! Only 10 days! Boy, if I could only pull that off my children (and I) would actually be able to dress like they(we) do in my dreams! Great sweater! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It was totally the yarn...aran weight is the way to go.

      Delete
  5. Oh that is beautiful - I love the colour combination and your buttons are just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carie! I am going to enjoy wearing it.

      Delete
  6. Oh my! It looks like a delicious candy - super cozy and cuddly! Another great FO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The buttons!!! You could not have found more perfect buttons! It's a lovely sweater. I have a short sleeve jacket made from Peruvia, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't get over how lofty the Peruvia is...warm yet light.

      Delete
  8. what a pretty sweater! And those buttons, such a great detail. The yarn looks so soft, you can tell this sweater is wonderfully cozy just by looking at the pictures! Perfect for the deep winter months of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! It is very cozy, that's for sure.

      Delete