July 12, 2016

Tolt Yarn and Wool: Part One

I never thought I would have the chance to visit Tolt Yarn and Wool Shop, but my dream came true when I was on holiday in Vancouver.  My husband and I decided to drive and visit Seattle.  After a two day visit we drove to Carnation, Washington, in the Snoqualmie Valley.  It is about a 45 minute drive east from Seattle, through the countryside, and is located on a one street town. (Luckily there is a Starbucks around the corner for husbands or non-knitters).  Once I entered this store I was in knitter's heaven.  With a focus on more natural yarn from thoughtfully sourced companies this is a knitter's mecca.  From the way the store was displayed, to the variety of yarn, I literally could have spent hours there looking through every nook and cranny. 
         
Today I am going to take you on a general tour of Tolt Yarn and Wool.  Since I have so many photos I will post another blog with specific pictures of the yarn tomorrow.



















Tolt Mitts
Camp Tolt Collection

Bandera

c
Banff Hat in Peace Fleece Worsted

Long table for classes


Spincycle Yarns


Quill by Jared Flood in Natural Affects Natural Shetland Fingering

Sounds of Life in Cestari Traditional Collection 2 ply

Huge selection of books
The lovely woman working at the store could not have been nicer.  She welcomed me to take as many pictures as I wanted, asked me if I needed help, but then left me alone to wander in peace and even invited me to stand behind the counter to take a picture with the infamous Tolt sign behind me.  Of course I jumped at the chance being the fangirl I am.


I have had the opportunity to visit many yarn stores and I have to say, hands down, that this store was the most beautifully laid out and had the biggest variety and quantity of yarn, books, and notions that I have ever seen.  With a giant table at the back and cozy chairs throughout the store I didn't want to leave.

Tomorrow:  The tour continues!

5 comments:

  1. oh wow, your photos are so fantastic- I've heard of Tolt and Wool for a while, but now I feel like I've been there! But sadly didn't get any yarn. What a beautiful, inspiring place- thanks for sharing it with those us of who can't quite get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the photos! And the fact is this is only a fraction of what's there. It is a large store jam packed with some many interesting yarns, notions, etc.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over here :) Oh, Christine, thank you so so much for sharing! Yarn shop + travel posts are my favorite and this one is amazing - so many beautiful and inspiring photos! "Luckily there is a Starbucks around the corner for husbands or non-knitters" - the best :)) I love that you mention this detail - it is so so important to be left alone, without having a husband round who is obviously over-bored :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great husband who accepts my knitting obsession! LOL

      Delete