November 23, 2014

Tanis Fiber Arts: Year in Colour Club

I have been a member of Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Colour Club for the last two years and I have found it really fun.  As part of your membership, six times a year, a lovely skein of yarn in a new colourway arrives in the mail followed by an emailed pattern.  The yarns are of various weights and the colour is a surprise. If you have never tried one of Tanis' yarns I highly recommend it. This Canadian dyer has an exceptional eye for colour and her yarn is of high quality.  Club patterns have consisted of cowls, scarves, mitts, shawls etc.  This year we even received a pattern for a lace tank which I have not had a chance to knit yet.  Another Club membership option is to sign up for the patterns only if you don't want to invest in the yarn. 

Here is what I knit from November's installment, the Tantramar Toque.

Tanis Fiber Arts Green Label
Colourways:  Cloudless and Concord

 This was a really fun, quick knit.  I would like to knit this hat pattern in some different colour combinations.  It would be a great Christmas present.
  
The Club is an easy way for you to try the different yarns available through Tanis Fiber Arts.  Another perk of joining the Club is if a certain month's yarn catches your interest you can order more of that yarn from Tanis.  Check out the information at Tanis' website here.  Will you join me?

5 comments:

  1. love it, your hat turned out so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way I will miss you designing for the club this year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine! What a gorgeous hat, such a pretty pattern! I love these colours! <3
    But I also could imagine it in different colours! How about using one variegated /selfstriping yarn and a contrast colour such as black? The idea of a yarn club sounds great!!!
    Happy knitting!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I like that idea about using variegated yarn...I will have to give that a try.

      Delete