April 13, 2014

Spring Time

Work is really interfering with my knitting time these days.  I have so many projects in my queue waiting patiently to be started.  There are not enough hours in the day.  However, spring is in the air and I am excited by a few things.

1.  My Line Break Shawl by Veera Valimaki.  I can't tell you how much I love the Primavera colourway, it seriously makes me happy everytime I pick it up to knit.  This pattern is such a relaxing knit too, easily memorized, but not boring.
Line Break

2. The Approaching Knitter's Frolic in Toronto on April 26th.  I already have my shopping list ready and have picked out what booths I will visit first.  One booth is the Sweet Fiber Booth, a dyer from British Columbia.  I have long admired her yarn but have yet to see it in person. Shall We Knit, a yarn store from Waterloo, will be there too.  This store always comes with a lovely assortment of yarn, including String Theory's Caper Sock Yarn, which is one of my favourites.  A new line of yarn they carry is Skein Top Draw from Australia which interests me too. There will be no Tanis Fiber Arts booth this year but the yarn will still be there in the Purple Purl booth...another one of my favourite yarn lines. And that's just to name a few.  As I look at this list I realize that this may be a costly visit!

3.  Easter is one of my all time favourite holidays of the year. Both my children were born in springtime and I just love the weather, the flowers, the greening up of everything.  Last year, during my trip to London in March, my husband and I popped into Harrod's to have a look around and look what we saw:
Easter Egg at Harrod's


And in case you can't see the price look below:


Yep, 795 pounds.  It left me speechless and that doesn't happen very often.

4.  There are so many lovely patterns being published recently.  There is the Blackberry Bramble  by Thea Colman which is a cowl knit in a Scandanavian Motif using two colours with a third colour added for a surprise pop of colour. It is knitted in a worsted weight with 20% cashmere content.  I would love to wear this next winter.  For a lighter cowl Fine Tune by Joji Locatelli caught my eye as well.  It is worked lengthwise using short rows with stripes which is perfect for using up any leftovers you have.  It is knit in a fingering weight yarn.  Maha52's version of Byrum by Cailliau Berangere is simply beautiful.  She used a combination of Madelinetosh Sock in Well Water and Silver Fox and it is stunning.  

So there you have it....a list written by a frustrated knitter who has big plans and no time!  Time to go grab a bit of knitting time while I can and enjoy the lovely weather.  I hope you find time to do what you love.  Have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment