November 10, 2013

Fall Knitting

Knotted Pine

I finished my Knotted Pine earlier this week and I was very happy with the result.  The ending of the pattern was a surprise since you basically graft together all the stitches and then sew the two corners of the hat together on the inside.  It actually lays quite well when worn.  As the weather turned colder this week I was able to wear it and I am sold on Juniper Moon's Herriot.  It is warm and soft, the perfect ingredients for a hat.



We are reaching the end of the pretty part of autumn here as most of the trees have lost their leaves. This is the tree in the front of my house.  When I went to work one morning this week all the leaves were still on the tree.  By the end of the day they had all fallen into this beautiful circular sea of golden leaves.  My photo really doesn't do it justice.



I visited Romni Wools in Toronto this weekend.  I was looking for some yarn to knit for a couple Christmas presents as I don't want to leave this knitting until the last minute.  Romni has a huge assortment of yarn and as the store seemed particularly full there was barely room to get down the aisle. I actually found it a bit overwhelming.  Yes, you have probably gathered by now that I have quite the stash of yarn and that I really didn't need to go to a yarn store and you would be quite right.  However, I really wanted a nice winter colour for a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law and I settled for a Madelinetosh DKweight in Tart.  This is a colour I have wanted to knit with for some time...it really is as gorgeous as I have heard.   I started making a very popular shawl pattern on Ravelry that I have had in my queue for some time called the French Cancan by Mademoiselle C .   It's great to knit a shawl in a DK weight for a change.

French Cancan in Tosh DK

How is your Christmas knitting going?  Have you started anything yet?  Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Your Knotted Pine turned out beautifully! I love the way the top is worked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..it was a fun pattern to knit.

    ReplyDelete