October 27, 2013

Off the Needles: Quaker Ridge Shawlette

My Quaker Ridge Shawlette is done.  The weather here has been damp, rainy and cold so the best photo I could get was the one below.  It was going to start raining when I took this picture so hopefully I can add a better photo soon.
Quaker Ridge Shawlette by Susan B. Anderson
I am very pleased with how this turned out and as I have mentioned in previous blog entries I love the combination of the two yarns I used.  Ravelled here.

I am feeling under the weather today so I think I am going to spend the afternoon with my knitting.  It's time to start a new project but I am not sure what I am going to do.  Look at this pretty skein below.  I picked up two skeins of this Malabrigo sock yarn in the Primavera colour way and I just love it.  But I don't know what it wants to be yet!  Any suggestions?
Malabrigo Sock Yarn
I am also very tempted to try out Amy Herzog's CustomFit program.  This program will help you design a sweater after you have given them your body measurements and swatch gauge.  I think I will knit a swatch and give it a try.

The picture below was taken through my classroom window.  I think I have the best classroom for scenery!   It was early morning and the sun was shining perfectly on the trees. Canada is so pretty in the fall.  Have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better now. For the sock yarn...my two cents go to a big shawl like Ene's Scarf
    or Line Break. The yarn is so fab that anything that you knit would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ene's Scarf is very beautiful but probably beyond my capabilities!!! Line Break is a good idea...I've got that pattern in my queue....

    ReplyDelete